Cucumber salad recipe is perfect you if your garden is bursting with cucumbers! Seriously, making it is so simple. Cucumbers, onions, and a basic vinegar dressing are all you need. My childhood served as the basis for this salad. I’m carrying on the custom started by my mother, who would bring a cucumber salad quite similar to this to all the summer gatherings. Crisp cucumber slices and red onion are combined in this cucumber salad, which is dressed simply with vinegar. It is the ideal summer side dish and is energizing and simple to prepare.
Why you’ll Love this Cucumber Salad:
- Crisp cucumbers and a tart vinegar dressing combine to make a salad that is cool and ideal for hot summer days.
- To make this salad, you only need a few minutes and six basic ingredients.
- It is a flexible side dish that goes well with almost anything.
Ingredients for Salad:
- Cucumbers are the main attraction! This salad has a crisp crunch from the cucumbers. I used English cucumbers, but you are welcome to substitute any variety you have on hand.
- Red onion: Red onion, when thinly sliced, gives color and a light flavor.
- What gives this salad its distinctive taste is white vinegar.
- Water is used to dilute the vinegar to make it taste less sharp.
- A natural sweetener to balance the flavors is maple syrup.
- For seasoning, use black pepper and salt.
Making of Salad:
Making this recipe for Cucumber pepper salad couldn’t be simpler! Cucumbers and onions should first be thinly sliced using a sharp knife before being added to a big bowl.
Then, in a another small bowl, combine the vinegar, water, maple syrup, salt, and pepper.
Mix the Lemon cucumber salad and onions together after adding the dressing. The salad can be served right away or chilled for up to two hours before serving. As a result, the cucumbers can absorb more dressing. When ready, scoop out a portion with a slotted spoon and eat.
Substitutions & Notes:
- Red onion – Feel free to substitute a yellow onion if you don’t like red onions!
- Veggies should be added – I like how simple this salad is, but feel free to up the veggie content! Anything that appeals to you, such as bell peppers and cherry tomatoes!
- Add fresh herbs — I adore incorporating fresh herbs into my cooking, and I’ve discovered that fresh dill combines well with this salad, but parsley or mint are also suitable options.
- Apple cider vinegar can be used as a great substitute for white vinegar.
Which Kind of Cucumber should I Use?
For this salad, I used English cucumbers since they are normally sweeter, have fewer seeds, and have skin that is thinner. Having said that, you can choose whatever cucumber kind you choose! For this dish, either normal or Tomato cucumber mozzarella salad will work. Just a reminder that you should double the quantity you use if you use Persian cucumbers, which are significantly smaller.
Do the Cucumbers Need to be Peeled?
It is entirely up to you! For this salad, I didn’t peel my cucumbers, but if that’s your preference, go ahead!
Serving Suggestions for this Cucumber Salad:
A delicious summery side dish for BBQs or potlucks is this cucumber salad. Here are some suggestions for pairings for this salad:
- My go-to grilled chicken recipes that would go great with this salad are apple cider vinegar chicken and air fryer chicken breast.
- Shrimp that has been grilled would be a fantastic addition to this salad to provide some protein.
- My favorite turkey burger recipe is The Best Turkey Burger!
- These black bean burgers are some of my favorites if you’re seeking for a plant-based burger option.
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes: Combine this cucumber salad with some grilled sweet potato wedges for a complete supper.
How to Keep:
For all of your summer celebrations, this is a terrific recipe to prepare ahead of time! This cucumber salad can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Just be aware that the salad may become more liquidly over time because the Tuna cucumber salad lose water as they sit. If your salad has been resting for a while, it’s a good idea to give it a thorough stir before serving.
Well-Known Cucumber Salad:
- Cauliflower Salad
- Cucumber Salad with Cream
- Salmon salad from the Mediterranean
- Feta Salad
- Salad Tabbouleh
- Roasted sweet potato salad with Mexican Street Corn Salad
- conventional broccoli salad
- Italian Salad
- Vegetarian Cobb salad
- Salad with sunflower crunch
- Bell pepper and cucumber salad
- Pad Thai salad with kale and cabbage
- Salad of Mediterranean Brown Rice
- Cucumber carrot salad
If You are Looking to have these vegetable plants at your home you can contact DUA Landscape.